Daisy | Teen Ink

Daisy

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

You’re ignored by the
mass because nothing sets you
apart from the rest.

Indifference is
your token for you are just
another flower.

Sometimes, we too are daisies. It's ok if we are. Not everyone has to stand out. The world needs its daisies.

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jul. 8 2013 at 3:56 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I know right. Daisies deserce some recognition. And your vote does count. We're all weirdos. No such thing as normanl people. Embrace the madness. I've finally realized that. anyone who think they're normal is crazy. And blue orchids are magnificent. I love orchids. Which reminds me that I haven't written a haiku on orchids yet to accompany my other flower poems. Thanks, Krasota.

on Jul. 4 2013 at 1:40 pm
Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

GO DAISIES! XD I think that pretty much everyone thinks of a rose when someone says "Name a flower" (welllll, I pick blue orchid, but then I'm a weirdo, so my vote doesn't count). Roses are so overused. It's about time that daisies got the spotlight in this poem! :D Great work!

on Jul. 2 2013 at 6:21 pm
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Haha no problem! You have always rated and read and commented my work do i am merely returning the favor ;) your welcome

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jul. 2 2013 at 2:39 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

No prob. The longer the better. To me, it shows the reader's appreciation for the writer's work. And I'm honored that anyone would take the time 1.) To read my work 2.) To decipher it 3.) To write a few senteces about what this poem means to him/ her. Thank you. Forever and always. Even if they mean the same thing. 

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jul. 2 2013 at 2:32 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I'm amazed by your interpretation, Saphira. It's exactly what this poem means. We go off to places where we're pariahs. And no one accepts us. And we wonder why. I guess we're not all meant to be roses or lilies. It's just a matter of accepting it. Thanks for the feedback. Always means the universe when you comment on my work. 

on Jun. 28 2013 at 8:59 pm

I love this. So simple yet so true. Each human on the planet has dreams, dreams that make them want to stand out. We all crave fame and want to be the best. You just countered tht belief by saying, you know we don't all need to be noticed. The world needs its wallflowers. And sometimes, the best people are the ones who realize tht they can not be seen all the time be everyone. I think that this is truly beautiful, and though i do want to make some lasting impression that does get me recognized, i do also know that it wouldn't be terrible if i wasn't famous. But I also do not want to be famous for the same reasons tht most people do. I would never do it for the money, because i am not obsessed with being rich. I would like more to be recognized worldwide for something grey Liam organization or activist rather than some million dollar making actress, and i think hat if it is a thing like that where someone craves the spotlight to make a difference than it is okay to strive to be more than a daisy. With that said, not everyone needs to have their face on a billboard. So i am not sure if that is what you meant for people to get ou of this piece, but that is what I interpret, and honestly i cpuldnt have said it as simple and beautiful as you did especilly in the haiku format. So sorry for the exceptional long comment. It's only because this sparked the little writer inside of me :) amazing job really. And I am not just saying that because you live Florence Welch just as much (or more) than i do.... Hah just kidding. Amazing mckay, and now for my signature: please always keep rockin and always keep rockin :)))

on Jun. 28 2013 at 7:56 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

WOW, Mckay! I was hoping to read a new Haiku of yours. This is so beautiful. And it made me think how amaong its own throng the daisy would never be recognized or even given one fleeting glance, yet a stand-alone flower would attract so many visitors, same is with people. And that is exactly why we venture to mysterious places. Places where we don't truly belong, just to feel known and acknowledged and forget that true acceptance and love, we can only discover back in the throng, back at home. And once again, amazing poem! Loved reading. Have an awesome day!