One Vast Ocean | Teen Ink

One Vast Ocean

By mcb1423 PLATINUM, Sussex, Wisconsin
mcb1423 PLATINUM, Sussex, Wisconsin

It is mysterious and haunting. It is beautiful and calming. One vast ocean with salty water and lots yet to be discovered. One that is unknown and inviting for adventures. One welcoming me with open arms tempting me to disappear in it’s vast emptiness. From the beach, I can hear it, but back in Wisconsin the sound is forgotten.
It’s strong like a bull. Its creepy species hide deep under the surface unknown to mankind. It’s gentle and simple from a far, grabbing the sun and warming the surface where humans roam. It’s moments of harshness make it unique.
Let one remember the beauty of the water, as we’re often reminded of its earth damaging storms. Calm, calm, calm water is what we need to think. It’s safe.
When the snow is falling and I am too cold to think, when I want to disappear and escape my problems, I think of the ocean and the salt on my lips. When there is nothing left to think in Wisconsin. One vast ocean with salty water. One that is inviting and offering many adventures. One welcoming me to disappear in it’s vast emptiness.