Half My Heart Lives In Heaven

By , west melbourne, FL

It’s crazy how someone who was such a big part of your life can just leave in a matter of seconds. Words alone cannot express my appreciation for my best friend’s being. From the moment I first met her, I knew we would be the type of friends that were inseparable. She knew me better than anyone. No matter what dumb decision I made, she always had my back. I never once felt judged by her for being myself. I will always remember all of our last-minute adventures. I’m forever grateful for all of our memories that we made together. There isn’t a memory that involves her that doesn’t make me smile. She made the biggest difference in my life. Thirty years from now, I’m going to look I am to have been able to be her best friend. I have glass in my throat, bricks on my chest, and an ocean in my eyes; my heart is empty, broken. Half of my heart now lives in heaven. We were soul sisters. Even though she is no longer physically here with us, I know that she’ll always be with us. She was an amazing friend. She will be forever loved and missed.