Doctor | Teen Ink

Doctor

December 9, 2017
By KL GOLD, Corpus Christi, Texas
KL GOLD, Corpus Christi, Texas
14 articles 57 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You grew flowers in my lungs and even though they're beautiful, I cannot breathe."


The doctor is my patient; I throw the apples at their peeled cores often they’ve already made me swallow.
They do keep the doctors away, but that’s as long as they follow their perceptions of cocaine and the ashes of the crisp bills from their pockets.
For they are my patients in Slaughterhouse 5.
Drizzle ammonia on their hot-blooded and fresh steaks
Pour out the anesthesia to make the patients even number than they were before - if that was possible.
Take out the rags used to clean up the crap they spew out of their mouths
And let them use a toothpick to slowly dig their own grave to which they’ll be buried alive with real smiles on their faces
Smiles that have not seen the light of day
Since their 1st murder to only be viewed now
By hungry beetles and squirming maggots.


The author's comments:

"Slaughterhouse 5" was actually a book that I read that was crazy and really confusing. It involves aliens, time travel, WWII, etc. If you read in-between the lines, though, you would find it that not everything is as it seems. I guess that was the feeling I was going for in this poem.

I actually wrote this months ago, but I just found it a couple of days ago. Now that I've read it, I can tell that it truly does seem weird.

I would just like to point out that if you've seen "A Cure For Wellness," there are some similarities.

The strangest part is that I saw the movie after I wrote this poem.