August | Teen Ink

August

By Luckystar78 ELITE, London, Other
Luckystar78 ELITE, London, Other

"..though warm as summer it was fresh as spring." (Thomas Hardy) ("Far from the Madding crowd")

Apricot shaded with pearl-flavoured; glittery storks, that pierce through the bone, raspberry pink: meringue flowers blossom in the golden tinge illuminating from the sun: a clasp of daisies; shrivelled in a fist: a clutch of roses, thrown out onto the green mud bed. A river of water, trailing through the silver veil: that streams down in a line of bracelets: whose jewel catches the light: red and emerald and blue, as it sinks under the watered weeds, and the robin-stroked ducks. A ripple carves through the water, powered by the sun: as it slices its shimmering heat, onto the cold tears; that sever the paper-made boat above: an orange flag, slicing through the hums of music; made in a paddled haze of hands, a wooden sign painted tentatively onto the side of the classical shaft: that directs its nose onto the nose of the land. The sands shift and mirage; onto human eyes: flecked with marsh-blue rye, they wander round the desolate town, the lashings of rain spilling onto their flattened hair. The pink sandal steps forward, embedded in a salmon-shining shell: and glances through the blue ruins; and the falling gate; and sleeps into a season of waking carnations, and sun-streaked tulips: which scatter onto a sea-wet nail. A place where the sun: does not fade away like a battery, a duvet where the flowers: are not washed away; the paint old and stained: and the sky does not shine navy; but light blue; a painting; come to life. Where clouds are riddled with candyfloss: and moon rarely falls, and songs speed out of a Cadillac car; and if night falls, it seeps into the colours of daytime. As nature awakens to a heat-baked earth; insects are roasted in the greetings of the sun, and the visitor remains in this beautiful bed: until red leaves dust the earth with autumn.

This is a seasonal poem: about nature; and a time when sun and poetry mix: like streaks of yellow paint embued with baby blue: to create art.