NON-responsive | Teen Ink

NON-responsive

By BabyWidow SILVER, St.paul, Minnesota
BabyWidow SILVER, St.paul, Minnesota

"silence Is the most powerful scream"
"stars cant shine without darkness"

. Most times things can seem so great ... You'll have a handful of sunlight in the darkness... You used it to see your way out ... Into the light ... You are now facing the light ... But you looked back and you saw that darkness again ... It was a cave ... And you know what you did? You went back in wanna know why? Because you've been hidden in that cave for so long ... You don't know what it feels like to have light... That light is something you hoped and wished for for years ... And you finally see what the light can offer you ... But it burns and bad ... So you run back into the darkness ... Because there you feel comfortable ... ... Sometimes ... Most times we run from light because the darkness kept us alive

one day this boy posted on facebook about why girls are the way they are... it was a really nice piece... so i shared it and he later commented on it and asked how it related to me so i wrote him this. he said that was deep but was non responsive people get it but when you put it in the form of poetry words are not needed though he was non-responsive i know hes heart spoke.