"The Storm is Coming" | Teen Ink

"The Storm is Coming"

December 8, 2016
By nkrachman210 SILVER, Moorestown, New Jersey
nkrachman210 SILVER, Moorestown, New Jersey
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The clouds begin to shift, trying to run away from the terror that awaits. Nobody expected it. Like a large wave, toppling everybody in sight. Will we ever see the moon again? Will the sun live to see another day? I saw the future- the high pitched screams, the running children all of it. All I could do was stand there and wait for the impact- the fire that was forming. Did we cause this, I asked myself. The answer was clear. I tightly closed my eyes. I couldn’t bare to see it. The storm was coming.
The wind starts to pick up. My mind begins to race as I wait. I couldn’t imagine the pain that was about to run through my body causing internal suffering.
The lights begin to dim- it’s getting closer. The area is abandoned, just me. I feel the tears streaming down my face. What is the purpose?
It was two meters away now. I could feel the heat covering my face like a mask. This was it, the end.
I start to fall into the never ending pit called life.


The author's comments:

This poem is about a stressful time in my life. I felt like all of youc could relate to it.