flames of human fire | Teen Ink

flames of human fire

May 6, 2016
By hurryth3ninjasarecoming GOLD, London, Kentucky
hurryth3ninjasarecoming GOLD, London, Kentucky
12 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
I do not love you as I did yesterday


The way he looked at me.

That's exactly what it was.

It enticed me. I had no idea something so beautiful could hurt so much.

He was the form of human fire.

I got the fire's attention and now it won't leave me be. It was absolutely mesmerizing at first.

My dear friends, be weary, because even the salt among us looks like sugar.

The flames wanted to bathe me whole. I should've controlled the fire when I could. It's too late now.

I'm covered in burns. Each scar opens up and causes me to scream.

He covered me with these. I thought the warmth that touched my skin was security. I was so wrong, so so wrong.

The warmth grew to flames, they webbed all over me. Burning me, scalding me.

Then, the fire left. It comes back to visit at times. It leaves new burns.

I have medicine for it. I don't take it as I should. I use it all at once or never. The very tears that I cry enter my flesh and cause me pain. Because, my dear friends, our tears are salt water. You should never rub salt into the wound.

I did, of course.

Mama, it has me where it wants me, it won't let me go.

It's pinned me. 

My days are growing dim, the fire is taking away my oxygen.

The form of fire was an oxygen thief.


The author's comments:

My own suffering was what inspired this.