Dagger in the Dark Act II | Teen Ink

Dagger in the Dark Act II

February 16, 2016
By Maxolm GOLD, Norton Shores, Michigan
Maxolm GOLD, Norton Shores, Michigan
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Moon is down and clock is silent where Banquo stands with Fleance.
Macbeth knows Banquo’s repose and tells him there is no need to worry.
Off to bed Banquo heads leaving Macbeth alone.
A dagger appears pointing towards poor King Duncan only to be an illusion.
The bell ringing invites Macbeth serving as a knell bringing poor Duncan to heaven or hell.

The task is done, all silent indeed, not even Duncan heard his decease.
But wait, there is grief in Macbeth’s plight where he even feels this act wasn’t right.
But Lady Macbeth takes his daggers in hand to return them to the fated plan.
Sleep no more Macbeth the murderer, for inside your dark heart there is malicious intent.
Knocking so slightly again and again here comes Macduff with his kingly gift.

To wake up the King was his task, but an hour late I might add.
But the porter seems to be drunk, the only one blind to the horror, seems in his normal repertoire.
At the hellgates he stands, or at least he thinks, to welcome Macduff but pee he must.
‘Twas a rough night indeed Macbeth for the murder you’ve done but for Macduff it just begun.
The King is dead and his job failed for the waking of Duncan in this life is done.

Faint you must Lady Macbeth to keep the pressure off of Macbeth.
Poor Malcolm and Donalbain, son of the dead, decide it is time for them to run.
To Ireland Donalbain flees while his brother Malcolm prefers the scenes of England.
Falsely accused the brothers are of the murder of their father before.
Will Macbeth be caught with his dagger in the dark, or will his desires keep him stark.


The author's comments:

Shrinklet from Macbeth Act II