Hypophrenia: A feeling of sadness seemingly without a cause. | Teen Ink

Hypophrenia: A feeling of sadness seemingly without a cause.

January 14, 2016
By Rae-The-Mighty SILVER, West Valley, New York
Rae-The-Mighty SILVER, West Valley, New York
7 articles 4 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequence of your choice"


 I’m home alone and I am left with only my thoughts.
I call you and you send me to voicemail, I text you and you disregard it.
You make me feel obsolete, like I’m something you couldn’t possibly keep.
Where are you when I need you? When I stand in that empty bathroom and look into the mirror and cry?
Where are your kind words when I held that blade to my wrist?
Where is your reassuring touch when I held my head under that frigid water and hoped to never come up again?
But I found you… you stand there in the midst of the rest of them. You stand there and watch me walk down that hallway with my hood over my eyes.
I look to you after I fall but you stand there and watch with your empty eyes and turn your head.
But as I look down upon that crowd there you are front and center; dressed in black with a stream of tears running down your face.
The one person who I thought didn’t care is the person who has the most to say.