What He Thinks of the Difference | Teen Ink

What He Thinks of the Difference

September 17, 2015
By _Mr_Germany_ BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
_Mr_Germany_ BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Forgive the unforgivable to make the unforgettable."


Difference is a change. A change that people don’t understand or what people are too stubborn to give a chance to look forward to. Difference is the key to a new, fresh way of life. The variety that makes us different is what makes each one of us special in our unique ways. This variance of personality is a change… a change that becomes a difference. Just because the small percentage is not the same as the bigger percentage, that doesn’t mean that they don’t have the same traits and personality. When you treat that different person differently and crudely, that is not an act of kindness. So what if someone is different from others. Just because one book says it’s a bad thing, that doesn’t mean it isn’t ready to be changed.

 

It’s been too long since that book was ever touched. No one has heard from Him. No one has even seen Him face to face. So what makes someone think they can just put something in a book and call it a rule? What you think of someone is not a bad thing, but telling them that they will burn in hell for being something that YOU decide is incorrect is wrong and unnecessary. You can say all you want about how something stupid is, but you can never take away who or what someone is. Taking that bit of hope they have for their afterlife is cruel and unfair. What is the big deal about people like this anyways? It doesn’t bomb a city. It doesn’t murder someone for fun. And it definitely doesn’t do the wrong to children. Things like cruelty to others is something someone might burn in hell for.

 

People who are “different” have been abused, threatened, and even murdered. The people who do the wrong to these people will be question by Him, not the victims. If you were put in that type of society when you’re accused of doing something that He does not like, and what no one will ever love you for, how would you feel? What would happen if someone very close to was different and they told you about? Are you going to reject them, your loving, caring friend or family member, or are you going to accept them for who they are as they would you?

 

People make their own life decisions, so don’t put them down because they are doing something good for themselves. They should be able to embrace who they are, and not be forced to be someone that they aren’t. 


The author's comments:

Seeing people being treated differently because they are part of the LGBT community.