Dear, Me | Teen Ink

Dear, Me

By BabyWidow SILVER, St.paul, Minnesota
BabyWidow SILVER, St.paul, Minnesota

"silence Is the most powerful scream"
"stars cant shine without darkness"

Hey babe, your life is really crappy right now, but it will get better.  You're gonna be ok.  Remember: Nature is your friend, allow the light into your darkness and it will bring many more smiles.  You are the singer, you are nature's friend.  "Live" spelled backwards is "evil." So don't let your past and your sins control you.  Look forward to the future because you're all you've got. You are here. You made it. Some didn't.. Your scars have long faded away, which the new ones are from your enjoyment of life. You forgive all the people who hurt you, and you look forward to spending time with your brothers.  Nico's getting all the ladies and being a sweetheart. Justin's out playing football still thinking he's the best. Javoon's spending more time with Mom and getting along great, plus being a gentleman. Anyway, you have to keep moving on with life. You're not done yet. And guess what? You do care. And you are smart and beautiful.  No such thing as a life that's better than yours. It's amazing what a blink of an eye can do. Just one baby footstep can be a chance for change.  Take that footstep when you're ready, and just live your life.

This is a big learning process for me about what i want my future to look like i would encourge others to write a letter to the future selfs its part of a healing process that can be really helpfull.

BabyWidow SILVER, St.paul, Minnesota

"silence Is the most powerful scream"
"stars cant shine without darkness"

thanks guys love you guys

smile.dog1234,

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep, slowly then all at once." John Green. "YOU are helpful,and YOU are loved, and YOU are forgiven, and YOU ARE NOT ALONE" John Green.

hey baby widow i realylove this it realy speakes about you and what your going through

smile.dog1234,

on Aug. 22 2016 at 8:35 am
Katyaini SILVER, Greater Noida, Other

Life is like a chocolate covered chilly....

Some succeed because they're destined to;
Most succeed because they're determined too

Continue on this line of thinking and you're sure to reach a point no one can hurt you...

BabyWidow SILVER, St.paul, Minnesota

"silence Is the most powerful scream"
"stars cant shine without darkness"

aww thanks I really appreciate that.

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

I really liked this! :) It has a semi-casual, almost endearing tone, that I find easy to connect to and read. It makes the overall message of the poem quite intense, and very relatable. The tone you used definitely gave it a very good rhythm and the personal meaning and mentions you make give off a heart-warming feeling. Nice job! :)