A color of many shades | Teen Ink

A color of many shades

June 28, 2015
By booklion17 PLATINUM, Wind Lake, Wisconsin
booklion17 PLATINUM, Wind Lake, Wisconsin
42 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Libraries were full of ideas–perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.”
― Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass

“No. I can survive well enough on my own— if given the proper reading material.”
― Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass


I am a representative of many emotions. Deep and dark, yet bright and shocking. I am spectrum of passion. I’m the shade you smear on your lips when you want to be noticed, yet you try and hide me as I glow through your cheeks when you see him staring at you from across the room. But I am also the hue that invades your vision when he slides past you to another girl. I’m linked with love and passion, anger and jealousy. People often forget that while I am the color of a rose, I’m also the blood that drips off your finger after you prick yourself on a thorn.I’m the warning label that screams danger. I creep up behind you when you least expect it. I’m a flash behind the eyes before you snap. I’m the heat of the moment… and the burning ember that keeps it alive. You invite me as a cartoon heart on a valentines card when you want to create something, and invoke me as a flame when you want to destroy. I am Power. I am Rage. I am Love. I am Dangerous. I am Red.


The author's comments:

short piece i wrote for my creative writing class from the pov of a color