Me, Myself, and Time | Teen Ink

Me, Myself, and Time

May 4, 2015
By SteviRDegner BRONZE, Newell, Iowa
SteviRDegner BRONZE, Newell, Iowa
3 articles 18 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Courage is being scared to death....And saddling up anyways" - John Wayne


Time. A crazy thing isn't it?  Since the age of three, Time has been my enemy. It stares at me with evil eyes. Even now Time works against me. At the age of three, Time had run out on me and left me behind. Stripped of all Hope, and all Love. Time left me on my knees. At the age of three, Hope saw how Time had been so cruel to me and introduced me to Love. Love was very kind. Love was very gentle and caring. Love took me in and showed me a world of colors because I’d been lost in a forest of black and white. At the age of five, Time pulled a trick, a very mean trick. Time stole away the only person I had left and that was Sister. After Sister faded, age seven rolled around, and Hope had a present for me. Family. Family made my heart whole. Family was always there. Family was my friend. When I was 16, Time gave nine months. In those nine months, Hurt, Pain,and Sadness arrived to comfort me. Now all I have that Time left for me is Remembrance and Healing. If there is one lesson that I have learned from Time, it is that his clock is set, and he won’t stop for anyone. Time is unknown and deceiving. Time gives and takes. Time is fast and spins on a merry-go-round that never stops. Time can’t be wrong or right. Time can’t be corrected or fixed. Time can’t be seen or heard. Time is limited and has boundaries, but Time never slows down.