i bring myself bare to you

i bring myself bare to you
with my children at my feet
we are not beggars
just vagabonds wandering about this planet earth
i have cleaned their linens
and wiped their blemishes
but i have marred them too much
their flaws are many
i love them even so

i bring myself bare to you
wind whipping our skin
i have stretched our limbs
beyond the bodily limits
but find ourselves pygmy
to every standard

i bring myself bare to you
vulnerable but dignified
not asking you to love us
or regard us with any care
but hoping you will bare with us
it’s all anyone can do

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 24, 2015 at 3:00 am
At first I didn't quite understand it, though your description made it clear. I love your choice of words here, and the tone suits the message very well, plus your brilliant use of repetition makes it all the more stronger. I hope you keep writing, (and hopefully posting on TI), best wishes!

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Hey, Ray--yo, thank you for your kind comments. At times, I feel dissuaded from enduring in the literary community. But reading encouraging words like these encourage me to continue doing what I love, in this, writing. I'm keeping most of my new work for myself and maybe for more professional literary magazines in the future (The New Yorker [I hope]). But I'm going to post a couple of stuff here in the near future. Thanks again for reading and commenting. Means the worlds to me to have readers l... (more »)