Carbon Monoxide | Teen Ink

Carbon Monoxide

March 26, 2015
By TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
58 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Something that comes easy, won't last. Something that lasts, won't come easy.


I need you to touch me. Cause I've lost all ability to breathe for months now, but whenever your fingertips touch the back of my neck, I can feel the air dissolving back into my skin. And I'm not sure if I need you just for tonight or maybe for years, but all I know is summer winds that carry dandelions onto tops of swing sets and into pupils and mouths, doesn't compare to the way you are able to take silent steps into my mind. And I don't know if my apartment has been coated with a heavy layer of carbon monoxide, because every time I look at you, I swear that you have three eyes; two for her and one for me. And every time I look at you I can swear that you are mine. And maybe I have gone completely insane as I eat dinner in teaspoons and drink wine from measuring cups, but I know that once I drink blindly from half empty bottles, I'll feel you swimming in my blood and I'll remember your name before I ever remember mine.