A Look From Above or Below | Teen Ink

A Look From Above or Below

December 28, 2014
By The.Gambler BRONZE, Spotsylvania, Virginia
The.Gambler BRONZE, Spotsylvania, Virginia
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

My father enters first, mother following. Heavy hearts. My fathers screams are more frightening than any war cry. And my mother shakes heavier with every step closer to my casket. My act, the most selfish act. I cannot stand to watch. But it kills to look away. Seventeen years I've endured. The loss of innocence. The death of loved ones. All my life I've said goodbye to those that have past on and now I saw goodbye to all who I leave behind. And the shell of a man is all I have to show for it. She enters now. Face red, constant breaths in and out but no tears. Nothing left to fall from her socket. Escorted by three others until she reaches the front row. My love. My hobbies and books collect dust on my shelves. My good deeds and loving actions are now fading memories. A brother less sister. Son less mother and father. A woman full of love and none to receive it. My dormant body stares back at me. The candle that was my life has burned out. Smoke of my seventeen years is all that remains.