My Hero | Teen Ink

My Hero

October 12, 2014
By Angel_Wing23 GOLD, Wolcottville, Indiana
Angel_Wing23 GOLD, Wolcottville, Indiana
10 articles 32 photos 34 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You know what "Normal" is? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that." - Ashley Purdy from the band Black Veil Brides said that and I am going to keep using this quote.


I stand there hearing someone yelling at me.
They push me hoping that it would hurt me.
I fall and hit the floor.
The people around me are just standing there laughing, watching while I feel a tear run down my cheek.
I try getting up, but their laughter is ringing in my ears to the point that I am frozen.
No one helps me; no one cares of how I feel, no one cares of what is happing to me.
And then finally I hear nothing, no laughing, no yelling.
Just plain silent, I look up to see a fist coming at me.
I was about to take it but then it stops in midair.
Someone grabs the wrist of the person about to hit me.
I sit there motionless; I hear this yelling and then seeing people walking away.
The yelling of someone saying, “Leave her alone!”
I blink then I look to see where the yelling was coming from.
This guy was standing there holding his hand out to help me up.
I grab his hand and think why is he helping me? Does he know how I feel right now?
He asks if I am ok.
I nod with a cricked smile on my face, hopping that he wouldn’t see the tears about to roll down my face.
He said a quick, “Catch you around.”
I walked down the hall way and looked back for a moment.
I thought to myself, “He is my hero coming to stop the robber from trying to steel my happiness from me.”
 


The author's comments:

This was a poem that I type for a project my freshman year of high school. We were doing a bullying project and we had to write a poem of a story of bullying. I have been hearing about bullying ever sence I could remember. So I hope that people will see that they shouldn't be a bistender they should do something to stop someone from bullying someone or stop it from happening to someone.