Where is your love? | Teen Ink

Where is your love?

By Paully-C1801 BRONZE, Sidney, Iowa
Paully-C1801 BRONZE, Sidney, Iowa

Love life to live, live life to love.

Different... we are all different.... we can be kind, sweet, and caring. But that was long ago we were these things.

Tweets today contain insensitive material, like thats so gay. We are all to a degree insensitive, now i ask where is your love?

Is it with your family? Maybe your friends? No? Well is it with your love? The one who cares for you the most? We all have love somewhere deep down, dig, dig until you find it let it surface like springs flowers.

Don't let insensitivity corrupt you, do let it rule your life, don't let it define your life. Take it from me a, young man who let it define me for a time.

Care for family care, for friends, care and i mean care for the one who loves you dearest.... because someday they may not be there when you need them but if you show your love the will follow you to end of the world and back.

Now I ask... Where is your Love?

I was inspired by the friends i have on the teen chat we got into a debate about what was said and if it was said, and i got my feelings hurt so i decided to write.

on Aug. 26 2014 at 10:29 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Also, I forgot to say this but welcome to Teen Ink! The people in Teen Ink are my family, as others are my family. (My friends and family are my family, you're my family too,since you're my friend.) I'm sorry if that didn't made sense, because I'm not sure if it made sense to me either, but I welcome you into the family, Paully- C1801! 

on Aug. 26 2014 at 10:21 am

We all have love, but so many of us do not realize that! I thank you so much, for sharing this. I love it, for it is true, honest/raw, amazing, beautiful, and all in all, outstanding. So many of us are insensitive to others, and sometimes we don't know we are doing that. We can breathe words of life/love into people, but it seems like most of us choose to speak words of fear/death. We have the power to choose. And you chose to breathe words of life/love! I thank you so much, so much! And forgive me! I might've talked too much. Thank you again!

on Aug. 25 2014 at 11:21 am
Mikky_Ekko13 SILVER, Osseo, Minnesota

"People may hate you for being different and not living by society's standards, but deep down, they wish they had the courage to do the same."

Nice poem, it's really catchy. I will continue to read your stuff, just keep posting ^-^