A house and it's sadness | Teen Ink

A house and it's sadness

June 25, 2014
By Bella13 SILVER, Los Angeles, California
Bella13 SILVER, Los Angeles, California
5 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Wit is educated insolence"


it starts with your room the happiest of all.
it rests when you rest and loves you careingly
Your door is sad. Your in it only a second But you never stay.
The hallway is a little happier, because it knows you will come back.
The stairs lift its carpeted hands cautiously so you can walk down carefully.
The living room furniture is patient and loving, each piece waiting for its chance to cradle you in its tender embrace.
when you walk through the kitchen, it's gleaming silver eyes stare at you grumpily.
you walk through as fast as you can without being rude, but when your back is turned, the eyes glacé at you fondly.
the front door... I don't know. It seems detached from the house, almost distant. It has watched so many generations of families leave, it has to shut down its emotions.
Its the last thing you see when you leave. It's eyes watch you leave, ever hopefully you'll turn around. It also knows to beware of the black, because it knows those clothes mark the coming of the " for sale " sign. it can no longer count the long black boxes or the people that never look back, but it keeps the welcome mat there, ever hoping.
Ever loving.
Ever present.
Ever gone
Never loved as much as it needs.


The author's comments:
Of course I know that houses aren't physically alive, but if it was, I was just wondering about how it would feel. I hope people think more about others and what might be going on in their lives that we don't know.