Cry Baby | Teen Ink

Cry Baby

By KayeJoelle GOLD, Vancouver, Washington
KayeJoelle GOLD, Vancouver, Washington

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
-Dr. Suess

My mother told me once as I cried and she held me,

It’s okay baby, you’ll be okay hon. The sun will rise tomorrow and this moment will be dead and done.

Cry baby, cry

Those tears are poison and they’ll burn your heart and melt you from the inside out. So cry baby, cry

My mother showed me the true definition of the word beautiful the day she found me wilted in front of my bedroom mirror.

So she held me close and whispered baby no,

you’ll be alright

Your self worth cannot be reflected in a piece of glass

My mother once told me as I cried and she held me, its okay baby, you’re never alone.

People come and people go

Change is inevitable, so cry baby, cry

They’ll leave footprints across your heart,

And when they walk away baby, without even giving you the time of day, remember that it’s rude to change someone, and then disappear.

My mother told me as she’d hold me that even the best people lie. The strongest people can be the most broken.

They can’t remember how to cry. They sit on rooftops and watch the night sky and gasp at shooting stars and smoke cigarettes because it’s hip.

But they’ve forgotten how to cry. The feeling is as lost to them as the acrid grey smoke wafting from their lungs.

So cry baby, cry

on May. 20 2014 at 11:12 am
KayeJoelle GOLD, Vancouver, Washington

-Dr. Suess

Thanks, I really apreciate it! :)

Anepre SILVER said...
on May. 19 2014 at 1:39 am
Anepre SILVER, Winnipeg, Other

Potential doesn't mean s*** unless you're willing to work for it

This is absolutely beautiful!