A conversation under the stars | Teen Ink

A conversation under the stars

March 31, 2014
By Athena2013 PLATINUM, Meridian, Mississippi
Athena2013 PLATINUM, Meridian, Mississippi
21 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Words can not describe my feelings for you. When I talk to you about my feelings, I may end up saying something along the lines of, "You're pretty cool. I'm pretty cool. I hope we stay tight."
He laughs and says, "I love you. I love every second of you. If you allow me, I hope to be yours forever. My love, my queen, my everything."
I smile and look at you with mixed admiration and distrust.
I have heard that before.
I have heard that before.
But your eyes
theyre different
your rhythm
it's different.
You come over every For Netflix and a walk under the stars.
Every Monday to sleep by my side.
Every Saturday to take me to your mom's for family dinner.....
I love you.
but do you love me?
You say it but I dont know how to act.
"I love you. I love your mind, and your soul, and your body, and your eyes, and your dreams,your walk, your priorities, and your whispers in the middle of the night as you sleep talk and walk around your room. Pacing, having half a conversation with imaginary people.
"I feel that,but I never say it back. My throat closes up and my pressure raises and I get clammy and feel faint...and.."
"Let me finish," he said, "I love your whispers especially on the night that you sat up in bed and confessed to me that you are uncertain. You said to me that you love me but are scared. You said everything that your awake mind can't say...It's okay. Everything that you struggle to communicate in the day, you say at night. Each morning, I get to wake up and see you smile at me. That's all I want."
"But then I also give you a bewildered look right after."
"It is all the more amusing."
"But what if I never grow to be used to you."
"Then I will spend forever showing you that I am yours."
"you are a cool guy, Aaron, I would like that."

I love him from the depths of my soul. Each morning I wake to see his big brown eyes smiling into mine. It makes my heart melt and pull him close to me. I get a sudden fear that I may lose him so I pull away and quickly get up. He just smiles. For five months now, he has been amazing. His family loves me and so does he..how amazing. I can not explain in words how he makes me feel, but I hope to spend the rest of my life trying.