Down the Rabbit Hole | Teen Ink

Down the Rabbit Hole

November 24, 2013
By ss.Heart SILVER, San Jose, California
ss.Heart SILVER, San Jose, California
8 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
You try you fail,you try you fail, but the only true failure is when you stop trying.


I walked on as the trees engulfed me. With every new step I felt a little more closed; a little more suffocated. The air began to feel heavy as my lungs grasped for breath in the wilderness. The once fresh pine was poisoning and penetrating my body with black darkness. All the light of the world seemed to escape his cold hard fingers. The ground felt wet and moory as though I was walking into the mouth of the devil himself. And then almost for a split second something glint from between the bony fingers of the trees, light; sunlight. It shined brilliantly as if almost winking through the shadows, mocking my every move. It was then as if all the pain of the world rushed into me consuming the empty shell that was left of me. There he was. My body was on fire but my insides felt like icy, convoluted images tore the fabrics of what makes one sane. The sin I have committed and its effect was flashbacks of agony. I wanted so very badly to scream to the heavens for fingers for forgiveness, but no sound escaped out of my lips. I began to sink into the ground. My paralyzed face could take no more and I gave in and accepted the pain and the misery, all of it. And then the ground gave in and I fell, I don’t know for how long or how I felt. And I couldn’t tell even if I wanted to, because I could not feel anymore, I was nothing, nothing was me. Oblivion.
Tumbling, tossing, trembling I kept falling but I did regain conciousness. Unfortunetly. Every image of every sin I committed brunt my skin. I could hear again too. I could hear the sound of my sizzling skin, the cackles of the devil, and the voices of those who I have sinned against. There is nothing worse in death than reliving the moments you have tried so hard to forget. Every heinous dark poisonous action we have committed appearing before our very eyes. I soon learnt that Hell is far from the conceived perception to mortals. Hell id different for everyone, it shows us what we have done wrong. Some wrong do-errs are luckily erased of their sins for they have redeemed their souls. But Hell is truly very different from the human depiction. It is much worse. You are not sure what you are or how you look, but you are reminded of every fragment of time that you have sinned. You are trapped with no where to go, hungry with nothing to eat, cold with nothing to warm you, burning with nothing to cool you. You do not see you self in hell, only the devil can bear our blackened visages. There is also nothing to hold, you feel as if you are falling over and over.It is much like being in a nightmare where you cant run or hide because there are no corners. You experience the pain of sinners like you and when you attempt to shut you eyes to you atrocities, the black Man breathes fire. You begin to reminiscence in a time where there was such a thing as faith, some strong hold to lean against, something to comfort you when you are scared. I am scared. For I cannot speak, nor communicate with anyone or anything. I know not where these thoughts go, perhaphs to a sinner such as myself? Who knows my story I know not, but may he avoid my mistakes. Unless reading this already a mistake of its own accord.


Damnation is eternal,
Refuge is for the weak,
Once the Black Hand catches you,
Your options will seem bleak,
You cannot you run,
You cannot hide,
The Black Man see’s all,
By God, if you're a sinner,
He’ll see to it that you’ll fall.