the ones who make me smile | Teen Ink

the ones who make me smile

By clearwater1408 GOLD, Blacksburg, South Carolina
clearwater1408 GOLD, Blacksburg, South Carolina

time is our most valuable thing so dont live with regrets of wasting it, live like there will be no tomorrow

Cameron,
you're the oldest and the one who remembers the most. when I look at you I see a little toddler, laughing at everything, smiling even when you don't know why, holding my hand when you're scared, and calling me every time you needed me

Noah,
you're only 6 and yet you know so much about the world you shouldn't but every time I see you, you smile. I think back to the times you use to crawl towards me when I watch tv, you would sit on my lap and watch it with me, you would laugh like no one's business. I wish I could have protected you more or at least tried to shelter you from the awful world you're in right now

Dale,
you're still my little Dale but in time you will grow up and become a little boy who no longer needs guidance. you love bugs and that worries me a bit but you're a boy what can I possibly say. you're always going to be my little dale, it's just like yesterday when you were learning how to walk or when you were dressed up as a monkey for Halloween and today you're a toddler who know no bounds

June,
you're the baby and the only little girl, I'm always going to worry about you. you will still be my little baby niece no matter how old you get. everyday I see you growing up a little bit more, soon I will become the one you hate because I will try to protect you from the ones who want to hurt you but know this my little niece I will never stop protecting you and I will never stop being around when you need me, when you're old enough, we will go shopping and play silly games so I can make you laugh, you will always be my little niece

Cameron, Noah, Dale, June,

you guys are growing up so fast, I don't know when I will get the chance to come home but it will be soon but I love you guys always and forever. don't forget your aunt will always love you