Little Miss Journey | Teen Ink

Little Miss Journey

By Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Little Miss City went to the country amid a large plane
She flew over farms
She flew over houses
And she flew over people too
When she arrived it was bitter cold chilling her to the bone
But as friends were made and fires lit her inner beauty shone
Then a came a week she will never forget when she learned to love and grow
The mountains and trees, flowers and bees begging her not to go.
Her heart was heavy as she said her last goodbyes, memories flooding in
But now her heart held warm sunlight instead of bitter wind
Little Miss City, who now was MIss Country, knew she had to go
With tears in her eyes and hugs in her arms she finally let go
And Little Miss City now Little Miss Country could never ever forget
This trip was one she knew that she'd never forget

I recently was able to go to Wyoming through a very cool program and when we were having our closing ceremony i free wrote this. Wyoming is truly my home and I love everyone I met and everything. <3

on Aug. 15 2014 at 4:40 pm

Aww Dua thanks i miss you too!! I think I am going to start writing again after a major writers block and break from reading and writing which just made me sad haha. Anywho i hope you are still writing and still have time to answer silly replies from people like me but it would be great to hear from you!! Keep rockin 

on Nov. 15 2013 at 5:57 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

LIV, MY love, I am delighted that you have put up something new!! I couldn't wait to read it and now that I have I can't wait to write a comment and then I won't be able to wait for you to read it so the not being able to wait cycle goes on and on. :P Anyway, this was such a joy to read even though all the nostalgia was definitely making me homesick too and well home is where the heart is so you know what I mean by home. Now about this poem, I love love love the fact that there is this distinct rhyme and it truly flows SO well, except for maybe a tiny little kink in the last two lines. I simply adore the line " the mountains and trees, flowers and bees begging her not to go." This is truly a remarkable piece but I still think you should do a little more editing, nothing specific just a little re-arranging because well when it's you I want it to be prefect (:  AND Yo! Now Little Miss Country, I miss you!