Women Suck | Teen Ink

Women Suck

By TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York

Something that comes easy, won't last. Something that lasts, won't come easy.

My mother; steering wheel in one hand, cigarette in the other. Her lips shouting words, words that are blurred because I was distracted, counting the knots in her forehead with my eyes. My father; shotgun, shouting back and I was a back seat window shopper, watching. Hearing words that were too loud to understand and eyes that are too silent to read. Then everything became quiet... until my dad whispered two small words with a huge meaning: "Women suck".
"Women suck?" I asked. "Without a woman men wouldn't be here. Without a women babies would cry; babies wouldn't even be on this planet. A woman brings comfort and warmth to a man. Women are like a cup of coffee; you might get mad at a woman for keeping you up all night, but in the morning you always need your cup o' joe to get you through the day. It's called mother nature because just like nature, women are beautiful, and strong, and hold the world. Without women, men would be broke but rich on video games and Fritos. Without a women, you would cry through the long nights wondering why you feel so cold and lonely. And speaking of sucking, I can name one thing women suck, and they do it to please a man. Because women thrive on making a man smile and feel a certain way. Women thrive on a man saying "I love you". Because all we want is a reminder that you are happy and in love, and not lonely and cold because of us; women. So maybe bugs, and skinny jeans, and heartbreaks, and cold winter nights, and school suck, but women... women will never suck."