Hot Cocoa | Teen Ink

Hot Cocoa

By TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York

Something that comes easy, won't last. Something that lasts, won't come easy.

There is a big difference between being alone and being lonely. Personally, I love being alone. I could spend days or even months alone. When you are alone, no one is near you. It's spending the time you plead for, to work on yourself and letting yourself know that you exist. It's you against the world.
One thing I do hate though, is loneliness. Loneliness is an evil art form. It is beauty at its deadliest. It's the thoughts planted in your head haunting you when you are most vulnerable. It's the chills that travel down your spine when you can't sleep at night. It's the weight carried upon your shoulders, that drags on with the minutes of each day. It's the salty tears absorbed by your pillow and make their way to your lips. It's the numb feeling of your skin and the nakedness of your bones. It's the bruises you find that trace your knees; the ones so painful that it is a blurred memory of how it actually appeared. It's the needing of blankets and hot cocoa on those cold winter nights. It's you against the world. You against your brittles bones and your brittle heart. It's you against the cold winters and the brutal summers. You against everything tearing you apart.