Charlie and the Chocolate Factory | Teen Ink

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

By TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York
TalyaGelfand DIAMOND, Bronx, New York

Something that comes easy, won't last. Something that lasts, won't come easy.

"No! Don't eat that! One slice and you'll be twice the size that you are now! And that's just way too big! And guys don't like girls that are big, they like girls that are like twigs, and the thought of even having a boyfriend will be just a figment of your imagination if you continue to eat like that!"
These are words I think to myself when I see girls in magazines and girls in love. The girls who seem the happiest and in love don't even hover over the chubby side. And If I eat a slice of that cake, it'll go straight to my cake and make my thighs blow up. And when I start to blow up like Violet Beauregarde and have to roll myself out of the chocolate factory, I'll have a sense of unsatisfactory because I'll never be Charlie. Charlie goes days without food but always seems to be in a cheerful mood, because when he starves and dies a little every minute, in the end it's all worth it because he gets the prize. I guess all I'm saying in I feel like a Violet Beauregarde stuck in a world of Charlies.