Airplanes | Teen Ink

Airplanes

By Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

When i was little

I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky

And ask my father why some stars moved and others didnt

He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes

I still wish on them today

This was inspired by BOB's song Airplanes. Enjoy :)

on Sep. 7 2013 at 4:04 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Liv, this is so so so awesome. And that's all I can say for it. This poem moved me. Reminded me of things long forgotten and made me wonder when we stopped being like that and why the heck. because being like that was pure bliss. It was what I'd give anything to be now. Yet, when you're grown up only then you realize what a blessing childhood was. Ah-well. 5 stars on the poem. and its going into my favourites! :))

thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

the way you write down about innocence is just admirable. a very enjoyable piece. keep writing!  

on Aug. 23 2013 at 10:00 am
TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

I love it, and the idea that some things, even as small as memories of watching airplanes, endure all the way through childhood. Great work :)

OldYoungOne said...
Well seeing there is mostly women on here I can see why there is a great connection to this poem. I love the  playful feeling I get with this small poem. The fact that I is lowercased isn't much of a deal to me because I make typing mistakes all teh time (sometimes my fingers just don't want to co-operate).  But anyway I liked the poem and the image given. Thank you for the read.

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

This is so original. LOVE it. And yeah, it's sooo cute. 5/5 :)

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

Awwww! :D So cute! I love this poem here.

on Jul. 27 2013 at 1:55 am
LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Livy-loo! I miss you! COME BACK. I love this poem, it is so innocent and brings back old memories. The poem is completely ingenius, the way the child asks their father a question that seems so obvious.. which shows how young, innocent, and curious the child is. It reminds me of my little sister, she's so observant and always asks me the silliest questions and I have to remind myself how much younger she is.. but, she also points things out I'd never see, so we teach each other! I think this poem is cute, just like Mckay said. Great job! I MISS YOU.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

This would happen to me also when I was young. I love your inspiration by the way. I love that song. (One thing: your first "i" is lowercased unlike the rest. Minor, I know, I know.) Also, I love how the dad explains the misconception to the speaker. Very cute. And how she/he still wishes on these stars. I do too! Sometimes, the real stars are too fickle to notice you. Or they're just not out. Airplanes do just fine.