Virtual Friend | Teen Ink

Virtual Friend

By Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Here's to my virtual friend
To whom I cannot see

Would you like to go on this virtual trip with me?

Who knows what fate holds
In her tiny little hands

Will you walk these virtual beaches? Lie in this virtual sand?

Maybe I will meet you one day
Two strangers bumping on the street

Can you hear my virtual voice? The virtual stomping of my feet?

As I stare at my computer screen
I think of you

What virtual things would you like do?

And my fingers fly madly across the key board
My only destination to answer you again

Will you be my, my virtual freind?

I truly do hope so
Because together we can change this virtual world

Would you like to write more history? Sing stories untold?

So here's to my virtual freind
For whom I cannot see

You know who you are: you are part of my virtual family.

Hey there virtual family? If I could meet you I would. This is just a thanks to my regular readers (you know who you guys are) and everyone else for giving me amazing feedback and inspiring me with all of your amazing work. Thank you. Never stop writing girls and guys and NEVER STOP ROCKIN!

on Mar. 5 2014 at 10:39 am
BurrThistle GOLD, Jaipur, Other

Write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect

i love all your peoms. This is very beautiful and i am sure there are many people who would relate to it. Keep Writing  

on Jul. 11 2013 at 7:19 pm
SoulPoetry PLATINUM, Sierra Madre, California

"I will work harder" (animal farm boxer the horse)

Such a wonderful poem and it's so relatable :D It's cute and sweet. keep up the great work :D

on Jun. 13 2013 at 4:28 pm
Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

Haha, I love your imagination! And I love reading your work :D You make me get this happy, bubbly feeling inside with this poem and I absolutely adore it! Great job!

on Jun. 13 2013 at 3:39 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Oh myy dearest Liv, this made me tear up, I was heartened, I mean I know that it wasn't anything sad or tragic for me to do that...just that I felt so good when I read it Liv... I can' t even begin to tell you how amazing this is and how I've dreamed of these very things so much, the two strangers bumping on the street part was spectacular. I mean I have that that exact same line a thousand times. And must I say that I am extremely honoured and feel elevated to be a part of this virtual family of yours. This family is one of the best families I've ever known. One that is not bound by blood. Yet is so tightly bound to eachother that nothing can break them apart. A family I cherish and apparently you cherish it so much too. Again, I hope my family forever prospers. I always daydream how one way or another we all find this super awesome way to meet up and how that day is like THE MOST AMAZING day ever and then we decide that we want to spend some more time together...and we transform that into a week long trip and we go out and talk and eat and have tons of fun, and get to know eachother so much much more and the day we're returning is awfully sad yet we leave with promises to meet again. Then I shrug and the dream fleets out of my brain cells :P You know how this family is so special...whereever ijn the world we want to go, I'll be able to tell my parents "Hey, I have a friend in that city..." By the way, you know my most heartfelt most cherished dream is to go around and see the whole world....maybe it will come true and when it does you bet I'll come and visit :D Be ready to greet me. Love you Liv. Yours, Dua.

on Jun. 12 2013 at 10:58 pm
PhoenixCrossing GOLD, Tinley Park, Illinois
The rhyming scheme was very friendly and easy to read which I know takes a lot of work and I commend you on that. This topic makes me think of that show Catfish. Where did you get your inspiration?

on Jun. 11 2013 at 8:28 pm
ZeroDarkFlirty BRONZE, Eastvale, California

"The strength of the pack is the wolf
And the strength of the wolf is the pack."
-Rudyard Kipling

5/5 stars! It was a simple yet beautifully imagined work, and I can personally relate to its message. It also bears a similar theme to my only posting thus far, "Ships in the Night." Sorry if I'm sounding like an attention...person...right now, but I'm really eager to get noticed as a new member on this site. Regardless of whether or not you can perhaps review my work as well, I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavors and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jun. 7 2013 at 2:54 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

YAY, LIV!!!!! I'll be your viritual friend any day and be part of you birtual family. I love meetin new people here everyday. Talking about things we cal all relate to. Like how it's hard being misunderstood yet not give it up for anything in the world, becuase we are who we are. Liv, you are an amazing person. Who's been so nice to me. And helps me with my writing. You don't just say, yeah it's good, even when you don't think so. You're honest. And I appreciate that in a friend. (One thing, I think you misspelled friend in the "will you be my virtual friend" line. But that's minor.) Like I've said before, I would love to meet all of the people I've met here. Whether it will happen or not, I don't know. But I can dream, can't I? I love of all you, even if I don't know know you. As always, Liv, KEEP ROCKING, SISTER!!! CUZ YOU ROCK!!!! ^U^

on Jun. 4 2013 at 6:02 pm
LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Liv, I'd love to walk the virtual beaches and lay in the sand with you! And I hope we do bump on the street, maybe during my next vacation to New York. And of course, I'll be/AM your virtual friend. I am so thankful to have 'met' you and I'm so lucky to have a friend like you. You're a wonderful writer and you inspire me everyday. You teach me things about writing, myself, and about a true friendship online. This poem was wonderful and I loved everything about it. I too wrote a poem for you, Mckay, and two others and I am just waiting for it to be posted. But, you also have the poem that I wrote just for you. You're great Liv, thanks for everything. :-)