Two Fools Holding Onto One Hope | Teen Ink

Two Fools Holding Onto One Hope

May 6, 2013
By HannahLouise1321 DIAMOND, Delaware, Ohio
HannahLouise1321 DIAMOND, Delaware, Ohio
63 articles 0 photos 8 comments

There, he and I perch, upon the Sun.
So close to the flames we are, the heat is strong and our hearts are flaring.
The daylight never ends, the candle never burns.

Months pass, and now we sit upon a snow-covered mountain peak.
Wrapped up am I in his arms, his kind touch. But alas, it is not enough to keep me warm.
Snow keeps falling, and so does his grip on my waist, for he needs to keep himself warm too.

Few nights pass, and I wake to find the two of us side by side in a tree.
Our hope is placed in the branches, for we are hoping that the tree is strong and sturdy. We hold on tightly to each other, both of us are terrified of falling.

The wind grows stronger and carries us to a nearby ocean. The two of us are placed in the middle of, cold waters pulling us down. Neither of us is strong enough to resist, nor keep each other alive. So down we fall, deep into the waters. Every hope we once held on to has been shattered.


The author's comments:
This piece is meant to represent how love can once be so strong and how you can easily fool yourself into believing that it may last. But as time passes, that love falls and it weakens. You may start out at a very high point and there may be sparks and warmth but within time it may fall lower and finally die.