some sense | Teen Ink

some sense

By migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

precious metal, whisper, jazz
crook of neck, skin touch and dazzle
dark of night and dawn of time
end of love and end of rhyme
repetition mailbox letter
said she’d stay so go and get her
junkyard hospice, black and blue
curling lashes, “I love you”
summer in the melting snow
gauntfaced lovers toe-to-toe
patient wander, gentle lust
aging photos, heartbeat rust
press cheek to window, wonder when
words will make some sense again

Mckay ELITE said...
on May. 17 2013 at 1:30 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Please don't think I meant the poem didn't make sense. Although now I see that it's full of inside references which only you and Ciaran will ever understand. It makes the poem stand out more. More personal once again. And yes. That movie is exactly oh my god. 

migwam ELITE said...
on May. 16 2013 at 7:22 pm
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

This doesn't make sense cos it's a Ciaran poem and about ninety percent of it is little inside references. I wrote it in, like, December, but edited it to death and only just now felt it was good enough to post. ALSO I did add that movie. Because oh my god.

migwam ELITE said...
on May. 16 2013 at 7:03 pm
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

It ALL makes sense to me. :D This is a Ciaran poem. And usually Ciaran poems are ninety percent obscure references to thoughts and feelings directly associated with him by me. So. That's why these words don't make sense. Gahhhh, I'm sorry my poems are all great big inside jokes with myself. Also I DID add Silver Linings. Because holy crap.

Mckay ELITE said...
on May. 16 2013 at 4:34 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I don't think words will ever make sense. There's so much double meaning to them nowadays. But what will we do with out them? As you say, "Words are TASTY and DANGROUS". Hey, did you add The Silver Linings Playbook to your favorite movies? Or was that just me who thought you just added it? Not sure. A lot of things these aren't making any effin' sense. Oh well... Great poem. I love the imagery and the rythym to it. Kinda jazzy.