it takes one against the many (reborn) | Teen Ink

it takes one against the many (reborn)

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

it takes one to
stand against
the mass—one
revolutionist
to prevent
further oppression
—one with valor
unlike the rest,
all craven
against the
tyranny of the
oppressors,
coward just like
them as well,
hurting victims
in their hearts,
although they
feign a certain
bravery and
haughty spirit;
one to extend
the hand to those
tripped and pushed,
to those who are
hurt by whet words,
to those who re
looked down upon;
one revolutionist
can lead the way
to freedom of
oppression,
freedom of tyranny;
one person easily
can change
the minds of many.

2nd ed. of this poem. You can call it it takes one against the many 2.0.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I watched it finally. And lemme tell you it is worth every praise it's received thus far. Quezahne Willis—I hope I got her name right—is very talented. And I'm sure this won't be her only movie. I hear she's got another one coming out at the end of the year with a star-studded cast that includes Brad Pitt. Excited to see that. The movie itself was very original and emotional, bunny at times. It has all the elements of a good film. I love it. 

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Yay! Can't wait for you too watch it!! Oh, and tell me what you think of it because it really is sooooo good!  

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Same things been going on with me with Red Ribbons. Ugh. Drives me crazy. And no, we haven't spoken in a while. Think it's my fault. And I finally got Beasts of the Southern Wild. Can't wait to watch it!

Your welcome!!! I feel like we haven't talked in a while (I wasn't able to see the comments) Oh, have you looked at any of Saphira's work lately? Because she replied to my comment but i cannot seem to reply myself and I can't seem to see the comments :( oh well. Anyway, yeah, great job, keep rockin

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you. Thank you. Did I day thank you already? Oh well. Thank you so so so much. Yes, we can be people who can change the world, if we're crazy enough to believe that. Have you seen my favorite quote, or at least one of them? But we change it, in one way or another, even if it's in a small way. Doens't matter. I'm very glad this empowers you, which was what I hoped it would do to any reader. And that it gives you hope. Thanks so much, Liv, for your devotion in reading my poetry. It means the world. And thank you most of all for pin-pointing my errors, here and there. Gotta fix them up. 

I love this, I really truly do. I have to say: something sparked inside of me (not making this up) when I was reading this. You know that feeling when you read a really emotional/inspirational/glowing comment or quote? Well, I got that glorifying feeling while reading this amazing poem. Want to know why?? Becaus eit is soo true! All I want in life i to prove everyone worng and show people that I am good enough and that I will make it. I love this, it sparks the ever present passion inside my heart. I have to say this is only one of your many inspirational pieces, but it is really special. Yes, there are some typos and awkaward phrases, but I love it all the more. And no, we are not perfect but human. I think this poem shows how much we can change the world, even whe no one can see it. How much we can raise our voices even if no one listens. I love this in every way. Oh, and please don't think that I am some creepy cyber stalker who is out to like, I don't know, steal your work or anything, because I would honsetly hate for you to think that :P The truth is that I love your work and will someday read all of your work, unless you say otherwise! So please don't think I'm creepy :P Okay, awkward. Just wanted to say that I loved it :0 Keep rockin Mckay <3