Shadows | Teen Ink

Shadows

By PopPrincess SILVER, LaGrange, Indiana
PopPrincess SILVER, LaGrange, Indiana

"Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me." ~"New Moon" Stephenie Meyer

What do you do when you look in the mirror and not recognise that person standing there looking at you? You've changed yourself to look like a different person. You're not you anymore.
Now you feel empty and pointless. How do you become happy again? I don't think I'll ever figure it out. I need something, something to take the pain away or at least numb it.
My life is a bore filled with the same things everyday. It feels like being stuck in a hole and you can't get out because you can't even see the wall to climb. Stuck, stuck in a shadowy dusk of days, days of disappointment and sorrow. How do I climb back out? Well, I guess I should figure out how I got in.
Was it the emptiness of a life that ended me here? Or was it simply the fear of not being good enough that I sent myself here? To a dark place where I could mourn in a deep depression from the knowledge of trying would be pointless and pathetic.
I shall stay here by myself where no one will know I'm, me.

I'm still trying to show myself that my life isn't pointless, I'm meant for so much more than I can see.