Demolished | Teen Ink

Demolished

By Thecurseofdestiel SILVER, Denton, North Carolina
Thecurseofdestiel SILVER, Denton, North Carolina

The life of many is also the life of plenty. The life of few is also the life of you. Your life feels empty. Your life feels demolished. You, feel demolished. But you are not, yet you should be. When you are destroyed nothing is left and when nothing is left, God comes rushing in. When you fall apart, don't go rushing to pick up the pieces. When you fall apart you open up. When you open up you can be filled. You can be filled with the world or with God. If you get filled with the world, you will fall apart, again.

on May. 24 2013 at 12:54 pm
Thanks a lot! :)

on May. 24 2013 at 12:54 pm
lol thank you for the feedback and the tip. I love that quote btw :)

on May. 23 2013 at 3:25 pm
LiraDaeris PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

For some odd reason, the "Falling apart makes you open up" part makes me think of bread bowls XD Probs cuz I had two at Disney yesterday.... So good... Your poem! Right! You have some good thoughts going in this. I would like to see some imagery cuz that will really propel what you're saying. In the words of Emily Dickinson, tell the truth but tell it slant, and if you say the truth straight out, it may be too bright for someone to want to look at. An image warms them up to it. Like the boiling a frog idiom. The linking with words in this is good. It reminds me of "Add to (something) brotherly love, and to brotherly love, hope (I think is the next one?)" verse in the Bible.

on May. 23 2013 at 3:21 pm
compassion GOLD, Nowhere, Other

Expect to have hope rekindled,expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways! The dry seasons in life do not last,the spring rains will come again.

La La La Lovely! The last line is just wow! 

on Apr. 21 2013 at 2:46 pm
Awe! Thank you!

on Apr. 20 2013 at 10:49 am
wannabebrit SILVER, Debary, Florida

“Why are some things easier to write than say?”
― Ally Condie, Matched

"There have been two great accidents in my life, one was the trolley and the other was Diego. Diego was by far the worst." ~Frida Kahlo

This is really great. It describes emotion, and breaking down almost as a cycle that gives us growth but also causes pain, like a natural maturing event.

on Apr. 3 2013 at 2:55 pm
Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

wow.. AMAZING im soo happy for ya and omg this was amazing your really creative and great keep it up :3