To My Darling | Teen Ink

To My Darling

November 8, 2012
By CatieR BRONZE, Dumont, New Jersey
CatieR BRONZE, Dumont, New Jersey
4 articles 15 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Scars remind us of where we have been, but they don't have to dictate where we are going."


It’s hard for me to say that I miss you, when I feel like I barely know you. I cling to what’s left, but I’m only grasping air; just tell me that you still care and you’ll always be there. It seems like every time you come around, you leave a gap bigger than the one you’d found. You’re here one day and gone the next saying you love me but never staying long enough to tell me the rest. I’m not asking for your pity or regret, I don’t want you to love me just because I’m upset. So I understand you’re busy and have more important things to do, just know that no time or distance could ever change the fact that I’ll always love you.


The author's comments:
It's never easy to love someone who doesn't love you back, but that's the thing about love. It's unconditional and although in my heart I know that they do love me, I'm still waiting for the day when they'll come back home and show it. Family is the most important thing in life.