When An Angel Haunts | Teen Ink

When An Angel Haunts

By necrophilikat PLATINUM, Greshamville, Georgia
necrophilikat PLATINUM, Greshamville, Georgia

Tristan,
I'm falling back into the black hole I was in 3 years ago. I wake up and I miss you a hundred times more than the day before. Why am I still carrying on?I'm walking where your perfection still lingers in the emotion of the air. It's not enough if I have to be here without you. I'm left here to wonder why angels like you are being taken away from a world that needs love. You were my bestfriend, as well as anyone else's. I am left here to wonder why you went away. I am left to wonder why I couldn't get a goodbye. My life is hell. You were the only sweetness I had. Why am I still carrying on? I tried everything to forget and move on. I can't replace you. Perfection can't be replaced. Why did you have to go that way? Why did you have to leave that day? Why? I'm stuck in October, like a broken clock. Letters and pictures were burned by an angry soul who lost all she knew. The locket you gave me was tossed in the forbidden seas. Memories end. Memories lead to death. Death leads to lingered sadness. I tried hating you, I tried hurting you, but it never works. When I'm broken, in my mind, I still look at you. After all that's happened, after all of the things I said, you're still the light that shines in my dark world. You're still my bestfriend. You're still my first love. You're still the angel I met that amazing Summer. You're still a beautiful memory. You're also a reminder, a painful thought, a dead and forgotten soul. You're still gone.. And it hurts, more and more everyday. You're an angel, Tristan.

Why are you haunting me?