Drowning | Teen Ink

Drowning

By M-and-M-Denver SILVER, Mebane, North Carolina
M-and-M-Denver SILVER, Mebane, North Carolina

Why should I change to please people? They tell you to be yourself, and then they judge you for you. It's like standing with your clothes on. They like you when you're covered up, but when you show the real you, you're naked. They don't like it

What did I do to deserve this?
What did I do to make everything go wrong?
Did take the shot and miss?
Did I miss a note in the song?

Feeling hurt,
Feeling ache,
Feeling as if I can't make
Everything right again.

I failed to see the road ahead,
That much I know.
I knew that this would happen,
So why didn't it slow?

All my friends,
Left to flee.
All my dreams,
Drowning out at sea.

One thing that I have learned,
Never say, "Surely, things cannot get worse!"
You will be burned,
Not able to recover,
Not able to break the curse.

I had a change in my life recently and this is how I feel about it.

on Sep. 11 2014 at 10:54 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

You're welcome! : ) It was no problem at all. ^_^ I'm glad I was able to give you hope. ^_^

you don't know how much what u said means to me :) even though i wrote this years ago, it still applies now. thank you for being a little light of hope for a writer such as i :) 

on Aug. 23 2014 at 11:26 am

You can break the curse, you just have to believe. I can connect. My life had a sudden big change once, it took a sudden turn. I wasn't sure what to think, I was a little excited, but the rest of the feelings? They were a mystery. And when I got to that change, I wasn't really happy, but I tried to go along with it. Now I'm fine with the change, but let me tell you. Change was so hard. Change can be very hard, I know, but they turn out good in the end somehow. Evrything comes out alright in the end of the story. This is just me writing my random thoughts. This is fnatastically written, absolutely wonderful. Definitely deserves 5 stars! ^_^ Thank you for sharing this!