Misunderstood and Sensitive | Teen Ink

Misunderstood and Sensitive

By Mercygirl16 PLATINUM, Omaha, Nebraska
Mercygirl16 PLATINUM, Omaha, Nebraska

"Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future; Faith is the courage to dance to it today."

Just ask me what my best characteristics are. Beautiful, Charming, Funny, Smart, Angelic, Oh, I can go far...

Misunderstood, easily hurt by verbal abuse. Sensitive, say something horrible and mean to me. I try to hold back the tears back, but I can't my eyes become glazed with tears. I begin to tremble and shake. Mean people begin to yell, I can't do anything else but run away in tears. I begin to wail like a child. Don't they see words hurt me? They look at me with disgust, like I'm stupid or something. Unappreciated that is what I am, not getting the recognition I deserve. Kind People ask me what's wrong, they're alwasys kind and sympathetic. I try to speak but I can't, I can hardly breathe. I cry harder and harder. Finally I am able to tell them what is wrong. Yes Beautiful and Smiling... But Misunderstood and Sensitive, that is what I am!

the beginning of this poem is like a regular poem, it's sweet. then it becomes a slam poem, if read out loud, it has a more harsher tone to it.