Invisible | Teen Ink

Invisible

By Volleyballgirl12 BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama
Volleyballgirl12 BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.
Helen Keller

I see him look at her like a blind man seeing the light for the first time. I hold back the hot tears threatening to flow like streams from my eyes. He only sees her. I stand in the background hopeful that one day he could love me the way he loves her, but to him I am just invisible.

She knows she is gorgeous and every time I look at her I can’t help but be jealous. She is the bright shooting star across the sky of his life but to her he is just one more boy insanely in love with her. I could give him all my love and so much more than she ever could, but to him I am just invisible.

No one knows how much this hurts. I can’t help but hope that someday he might love me the way he loves her but right now I must find a way to mend my shattered heart. Every time I see him the tears begin to flow but I force them back and try to hold my head high. He is the bright shooting star across the sky of my life, but to him I am just invisible.

EternallyMe03 SILVER, BIRMINGHAM, Alabama
This piece gave me a great visual- i felt as though this was going on right in front of me... great work!

on Feb. 12 2012 at 7:52 am

Helen Keller

Thank you!

takeflight144 BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama

"if you could understand a single grain of wheat, you would die of wonder." --Martin Luther King Jr.

this is incredibly insightful and well written. i like how you repetition at the end of each segment, repeating the invisible. your feelings come through strong and well portrayed. i love it