Prosper Through Ignorance. | Teen Ink

Prosper Through Ignorance.

By sunshine7223 SILVER, Holdenville, Oklahoma
sunshine7223 SILVER, Holdenville, Oklahoma

"Afterall, a loose screw doesn't want to need, and a hammer doesn't want to be needed." -Me

"Those who observe with their eyes closed and mouths open, are usually not as wise as those who allow their minds to wander freely." -Me

This life is full of loss and deceptions,
acts of ignorance, and misconceptions.
We don't always see things as they are,
the world spins, but we don't get far.
We continue our daily lives,
constant groans and sighs.
Between night and day, we cannot see the light,
we're immuned to this sense of anger and fright.
Sleepless hours, turn into days of fatigue,
you've convinced yourself your out of your league.
You think the worst, and stress everything little,
Instead of getting to the point, you tend to fiddle.
In the back of your mind, you know your no quitter,
but you'd never expect things would be so bitter.
So you rest your head in your arms,
trying to escape from all that harms.
Your tired of the pain, loss but no gain,
it's all the same, your mind it will strain.
We've come this far, let's go for the mile,
and hope that in the end it's worth while.
We are not certain, but it'd be smart,
It's never too late, too late to start.
People are ignorant, and always will be,
but I will never back down from a bully.
From thinking low of one's self,
to only being concerned with wealth.
From sitting in the background,
watching the earth spin around,
to making others feel low,
we can change the cycle, this I know,
do you know where will you go?
Avoid the worries and ignorance at any cost,
We can still prosper, although we all have lost.

I was inspired to write this piece during a rough time in my life. I was inspired to write this while observing the people of this world. I observed their actions as well as my own. I hope people take into consideration, that I am not insulting anyone. I am simply saying that everyone is ignorant to some degree.

on Dec. 2 2011 at 6:48 pm
Donahue8 BRONZE, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

"The only easy day was Yesterday" -U.S. Navy SEALs

I like everything except the last line. I dont like the "we have lost" it sounds like you are giving up insted of trying to change it.

on Dec. 1 2011 at 1:58 pm

Thank you! :)

on Dec. 1 2011 at 1:57 pm
Supriya PLATINUM, Palampur, Other

Poetry spills from the cracks of broken heart, but flows from the one which is loved.

Loved the imagery and the picture you created. Awesome piece!

Megan15 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 29 2011 at 5:34 pm
Megan15 BRONZE, Milton, Kentucky

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, your always in the same place"

This is a really good poem! It describes how i feel! Keep writing sunshine! (:

samwich7 said...
on Nov. 29 2011 at 5:29 pm
samwich7, No, New York
Usually, I can't stand poetry. But my eyes were glued to the screen, my heart hanging onto your every word. Don't listen to those complaining about rhyming. It's a work of art.

on Nov. 28 2011 at 11:26 pm

Batsby! :)) The second nicest comment I have received as of yet! Thanks a whole bunch! :) I appreciate your feedback so very much. :)

Batsby GOLD said...
on Nov. 28 2011 at 11:22 pm
Batsby GOLD, Henderson, Nevada

Be what you would seem to be -- or, if you'd like it put more simply -- Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared.

Sometimes I feel as though rhyming stunts the message of a poem, or makes it feel altogether juvenile. This is not at all the case with this piece. The choice of words are amazing and it conveys a message all teens can relate to. I really liked this a whole lot.

on Nov. 28 2011 at 10:58 pm

Well thank you SO much Nikky! Your comment is the nicest comment I have received as of yet. :) You just made my night, and tomorrow morning, Lol. :) Thanks again!

nikky917 GOLD said...
on Nov. 28 2011 at 10:55 pm
nikky917 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
You're vocabulary is amazing and I love how well you describe things, love this! :)

on Nov. 28 2011 at 10:49 pm

Thanks HateKnuckle. I enjoy making my work a little difficult to comprehend. I do so, so that others can take what they will from it, and relate to it in their own way. Yes everyone relates to poetry in their own way initially, but more so if the "meaning" is not so forward. If that's the message you get out of it, that's what the meaning is, to you. That's what poetry is all about to me.

on Nov. 28 2011 at 10:41 pm
megpie000 PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia

"Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord you God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to." Deuteronomy 15:10

l love this :) its exactly how I feel right now plus it beautifully written :)

on Nov. 28 2011 at 10:34 pm
HateKnuckle SILVER, Peru, New York
I dont really see the message but I think it has to do with doing the right thing despite not knowing what is coming next in life that scare people. I like the rhyming. A little confusing but thats how poetry is sometimes.

on Nov. 28 2011 at 10:08 pm

Well thanks guys. (: Thanks for not being a jerk about it, lol. I appreciate your feedback. (:

on Nov. 28 2011 at 9:42 pm
no.name. PLATINUM, Ceres, California

I agree with resonating on the rhyming thing. But otherwise it's good. You might want to seperate it into stanzas for more clarity.

on Nov. 28 2011 at 9:38 pm
Resonating_Words SILVER, Dallas, Texas

I like it :) As a general preference I'm not a fan of rhyming lines paired back to back, so that was something that bothered me because I'm perpetually irked by it XD So I won't comment on that, because I'm biased

But overall, I do like your message.

on Nov. 28 2011 at 9:25 pm

Thank you. (: Sure thing, will do. How can I find it? Send me the link? (:

on Nov. 28 2011 at 5:29 pm
Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

Great work, sunshine72223! This is really good! Could you check out mine? I just got my first non-accidentally-anonnymous(try saying that ten times fast) work published, and I would be honored if you would comment on and rate it.

on Nov. 28 2011 at 12:51 am

Thank you. (:

on Nov. 28 2011 at 12:50 am
praveen.Trichy PLATINUM, Thirchy, Other

cruel leaders are replaced only to turn other leaders cruel

Nice one dude......