slither © | Teen Ink

slither ©

By ceburroughs SILVER, Brampton, Other
ceburroughs SILVER, Brampton, Other

you may not be her first, her last, or her only. she loved before she may love again. but if she loves you now, what else matters? she’s not perfect - you aren’t either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, she may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. so don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than she can give. smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she’s not there.

bottle to the lips and there he goes again, slithers his way down your throat like the little snake he is. looks that promise with results that kill. he dresses himself as a good time waiting to happen, but fails to show you what's under his mask. when the time has come to stop, you've already gone to far. game over, you lost. he has you so tightly wrapped on one small finger, there's no going back. the walls slowly crack as the doors begin to close and your life, starts to crumble. bottle to the lips and there he goes again.