A Dancer in Darkness | Teen Ink

A Dancer in Darkness

By Niarra_Nightmare SILVER, Popular Grove, Arkansas
Niarra_Nightmare SILVER, Popular Grove, Arkansas

"The time is here, the end is near,the lonliness I always fear presents itself and like a giant wave it crashes into me without warning. Washing me into the dark and lonely existence I always knew was coming."

There she stands
In the bright light
Staring into darkness
Tonight will be her night
She stands in position
As the silence turns to song
She gently begins her dance
Knowing she can do no wrong
She steps as light as a whisper
Her breathe is light as she turns
As the darkness envelopes in flames
She dances but does not burn
Hell is her stage
Yet she shows no shame nor fear
Because tonight is her moment
Her mark she makes here
She jumps into the fire
and dances without a sound
Because as she dances
She knows her soul is bound
Satan smiles at her dependence
Even in scorching heat
The dancer in darkness
continues to dance
Until her goal she meets

I am the true "Dancer in Darkness."

byebye said...
on Dec. 31 2011 at 11:35 am
byebye, Nevermore, Other
Wow...what an incredibly strong and honest piece. I certainly saw beauty in this piece! People just need to get past those words like "Satan" etc. and realize their context in this piece. It was beautiful. This line especially, really amazed me: "As the silence turns to song..." Just...wow. Amazing.

on Jul. 29 2011 at 7:50 pm

Thank you, Lola. That's really sweet of you to say.

on Jul. 29 2011 at 6:25 pm
Lola_Black GOLD, Harrison, Michigan

"I've always been famous. It's just everybody's just now finding out." --Lady Gaga

Well, you have an awesome dance instructor then! This poem really deserves some praise.

on Jul. 27 2011 at 4:04 pm

Thank you, Ha-5-rika, I appricate the praise and will read your work as soon as I can. Thank you again. And I will keep writing. At the moment I'm working on new poetry and a fanfiction.

on Jul. 27 2011 at 3:56 pm
Ha-5-rika SILVER, Visakapatnam, Other

Life is what your thoughts make it.
Happiness, success and the greatest of achievements are nothing if you don't have someone to share it with.
A life lived for others is a life worthwhile - Albert Einstein.

And by the way, can you please check out my works? I have some poems, one short story and a book.

I have submitted them and they will be up soon. So, please read them and comment on them when you have time. I will post a comment here if they are online.

Thank you!

on Jul. 27 2011 at 3:54 pm
Ha-5-rika SILVER, Visakapatnam, Other

Life is what your thoughts make it.

It is really amazing. I love the way you expressed the feeling, your true self in it. Keep writing... you are amazing. 

on Jul. 27 2011 at 3:19 pm

*blushes* Awww. Thank you. This is the poem I'm most proud of but sadly it scares people alot, the only person who could see the beauty in it was my dance teacher and she praised me on it.

on Jul. 26 2011 at 2:29 pm
Lola_Black GOLD, Harrison, Michigan

OMG this is amazing!!! FABULOUS work, Sister Poet!! I love the imagery!! It's so...raw. Edgy. I'm in love!!