Hidden | Teen Ink

Hidden

By A_Journey GOLD, Tampa, Florida
A_Journey GOLD, Tampa, Florida

The Muse of Poetry should not know that roses in manure grow. ~The Formula, Langston Hughes
You may write me down in history with your bitter, twisted ties. You may trod me in the very dirt, but still, like dirt, I rise. ~Still I Rise, Maya Angelou

I'm holding the key,
Searching desperately,
For the lock.
The lock that can't be seen.

Hidden rooms,
Hidden doors,
Hidden futures.
What do they hold?

I'm holding the key,
Searching desperately,
For the lock.
The lock that can't be seen.

This poem is about having talent and not knowing how to show it. It's about knowing what to do, but not knowing how to do it. Please rate and comment!

A_Journey GOLD said...
A_Journey GOLD, Tampa, Florida

Thank you! :D

on Dec. 4 2011 at 8:26 am
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
This was great! You have a great way of getting the meaning across the reader! Keep up the good work! and thanks for commenting on my story!! :)(:

A_Journey GOLD said...
A_Journey GOLD, Tampa, Florida

Thank you! I'm trying to get past that hurdle too :-)

on Jul. 13 2011 at 11:55 am
Maxwell_SQ GOLD, Casa Grande, Arizona

You have to be a little insane to live life extraordinary.

I think we have all felt this way at one time or another. I know I have. 6 months ago I wouldn't dare share my poetry with anyone, 3 years ago there was no way I was getting on stage to play my bass. It is a hurdle we all face- having a talent and not knowing what to do with it, just like you said. 5 stars, I really enjoyed this.