Three Cheers for Five Years | Teen Ink

Three Cheers for Five Years

May 12, 2011
By augustsun02 SILVER, Hamburg, New Jersey
augustsun02 SILVER, Hamburg, New Jersey
9 articles 0 photos 76 comments

Favorite Quote:
Write. It doesn't matter if you're overjoyed, furious, miserable, or what. Write to keep those emotions in check while managing to grow stronger.


I've known you for five years. Let me give us three cheers. Hip-hip hooray. Hip-hip hooray. Hip-hip.....oh who am I kidding? You never really knew me. What you knew for five years was a lie; a figment of our imaginations. It never existed. After all, it never could. How could I really have been the friend you were searching for? YOU were MY shoulder to cry on. YOU were MY anchor when the ocean pulled ME away from sanity. YOU were the light that brought ME out of Hell. But what was I to you? I lied to you; I used you. For five years, you weren't really anything to me. You were just there. And now that you know this, you're using it against me. I've learned that I never really knew YOU. I've learned that what I knew for five years was a lie. I was YOUR shoulder to cry on. I was YOUR anchor when the ocean pulled YOU from sanity. I was the light that brought YOU out of Hell. So let's give three cheers for five years of lies. Hip-hip hooray. Hip-hip hooray. Hip-hip hooray.