I Trusted You | Teen Ink

I Trusted You

By Kevinjo18 GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska
Kevinjo18 GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."
Dr Seuss

Why is that you pinned 
a nail into my heart?
Endless timeline of 
laughs, talks, TRUST! 
Why did you make me your
Puppet?
     "Why take me as a toy 
     thinking I have no soul? 
     Why control me by my own string? 
     To play me like such way." 
Why did you lie between your teeth;
Is there such thing as "True Love"?
Why folded my heart into such a ball
And shoot me away like such trash; 
Why cant you just gave me a chance 
To shine my armor and to be your true knight? 
To protect you against all odds and not to keep you
Even but to make us equal.
Why not just tell the truth instead of strumming my heart as a pathetic guitarist?; 
My minds chants these words

"I trusted you"
 "I trusted you"

Woked up one morning at 4:30 am and just wrote this poem that came to me and didn't even edit or anything so tell me how it is. P.s. It's a true poem I really felt like this she pretty much made me feel mournful and lied to me harshly

Kevinjo18 GOLD said...
Kevinjo18 GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska

Dr Seuss

Well thanks i really didnt know this poem had really that much emtion to it but im soo excited; you guys have no idea how this makes me feel that i'm not the only one that went through the same emotions as i Thanks :)

Kevinjo18 GOLD said...
Kevinjo18 GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska

Dr Seuss

hahaha no no its not awkward at all ;P but ya surly i will keep writing :)

Kevinjo18 GOLD said...
Kevinjo18 GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska

Dr Seuss

Wowzers thanks that really means a lot to me.. Thanks :)

xxcoleyxox BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
The emotions of this poem are so strong that I can feel them. As soon as I started to read it, it felt dark in my room like it was 4:30 in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I can't describe how amazing and empowering this poem made me feel. It makes me want to change everything about others. I love this poem so much because you said everything that I could not.

WickedStarcatcher DIAMOND, Massapequa, New York

"I don't damsel well. Distress, I can do. Damseling? Not so much."
— James Patterson
"This is the very first page, not where the storyline ends, my thoughts will echo your name until I see you again..." ~Taylor Swift "Enchanted"

:) Well-now you know that she wasn't right for you. I'm glad what happened did otherwise I'd be stuck with this dude and never even know that he was just...so...yeah. (that wasn't an awkward ending to a sentance at all) Well, keep writing! :D

arimas SILVER said...
arimas SILVER, Columbia, South Carolina
After I read this I just kind of sat there and stared at the screen. Then I read it again. I can feel your emotion. I cant quite find the words to describe how amazing this is... just... wow...

Kevinjo18 GOLD said...
Kevinjo18 GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska

Dr Seuss

Im sorry to hear about that :( but thats what kinda happen to me. I trusted her but she just turned me down. But thats for the comment and im super glad you loved it :)

Kevinjo18 GOLD said...
Kevinjo18 GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska

Dr Seuss

Thanks for comment :) and i sure will read your poem. 

BSANCHEZ said...
That must've been form the heart.

— James Patterson

I absolutely LOVE this poem! I kind of went through the same thing with a close friend. I really liked him but I felt so betrayed when I found out that I never really knew him at all. Keep writing <3

beautifulxdisaster GOLD, Parma, Ohio
this is good. very detailed.

on Jun. 11 2011 at 11:55 am
AndySixxLover GOLD, Weatherford, Texas

These violent delights have violent ends and in there triumph die like fire and powder in witch their kiss consume

I love it and that you shared it with all of us its really good!! its not offten that you see this much emotion coming for guys but you did a wonderful job!!

on Jun. 11 2011 at 9:48 am
Savannainthesky GOLD, West Suffield, Connecticut

"It may have been in pieces.. but I gave you the best of me"-Jim Morrison(the doors)

I really liked this one, I do the same thing write whatever comes to me. Check out my poem if you have a chance:  Holocaust Butterfly

I think You'll like it :)

Kevinjo18 GOLD said...
Kevinjo18 GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska

Dr Seuss

WOw thanks for the great comments. Im Very glad you'all liked it. Sorry to hear that some of you went through the same pain as I. But things happen in live that you can't do anything about it and the best thing we can do is express our fellings through writing. 

kaykaybeck PLATINUM, Petersburg, Michigan

Life takes you somewhere, love helps you get there.

wow this is really good (: I feel the emotion in this poem!

brender1017 BRONZE, Miami, Florida

things happen for a reason

this is great ! in how you expressed throughout the poem !

abby7 SILVER said...
abby7 SILVER, Bardwell, Kentucky

"If lifes not what you dream, in the end its better than you expected" - my cousin Josie Hannah Gray

Wow. This is LEGITLY AMAZING!!!  I can feel the emotion and truth put into evry line! Ive been threw the same think wit my ex boyfriend... I hope you contintue writting poems because your great at it! 

Alice_C SILVER said...
Alice_C SILVER, Edgewood, Iowa

We all have dark secrets, just no one knows them.- Me
"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be."-unknown

I enjoyed this piece very much. It reminded me of the pain my boyfriend caused me. I told him that I was giving him my heart and I told him my deepest secret. And a month later he throw it back at me. This was a great poem, keep writing

Delliebug BRONZE, Arima, Other

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me- Philippians 4:13

:D....dis is full of emotion...:)..I love it an can relate sadly...:/....great choice of words..continue writing!...hope evryting works out for the best ...:)...stay blesses :)