Hallucinations | Teen Ink

Hallucinations

By YankeeSwagg PLATINUM, Holly Springs, North Carolina
YankeeSwagg PLATINUM, Holly Springs, North Carolina

Every burden is a blessing

Smooth meadows, fields, farmyards;
a solitary team moves against the skyline along the road that runs parallel to the horizon.
The satisfaction of months shines in his dull pig's eyes.
At first I am at a loss to understand, then it suddenly dawns on me.
I percieve behind them only the suffering of the creature, the awful melacholy of life and the pitilessness of men.
Breathed the cool, acid smell of stagnant water.
Now we freeze, it is autumn, the leaves rustle, the voices flutter out wearily; one-two-tree-four and cease at thirty two.
How various is a face; but an hour ago it was strange and it is now touched with a tenderness that comes, not from it, but from out of the night, the world and the blood, all these things seem to shine in it together.
Behind her smiles, th blue with white horses, at the side is a bright bay.
Close above me are her bewildering eyes, the soft brown hue of her skin and her red heart-shaped lips gently brush against me.

on May. 11 2011 at 8:16 am

Every burden is a blessing

omg thanks (: i REALLY appreciate your commentary (: i've been stuggling to get enough ppl to read and comment on my poetry so i can get it published in the magazine. i will be delighted to look at your work (:

PJD17 SILVER said...
on May. 10 2011 at 5:54 pm
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

this is so good! i really liked this keep it up  could you please check out and comment on my poem What if we were a Dream i would really appreciate the feedback