It's Late. . . | Teen Ink

It's Late. . .

By and4aslan GOLD, Livonia, Michigan
and4aslan GOLD, Livonia, Michigan

"Close your eyes, and keep your mind wide open" -Bridge to Terabithia
"If I've learned anything, it's that my mascara isn't waterproof." -Sammie Jameston (Mascara Isn't Waterproof)
"When I say I love you. You say you don't deserve it. When I say I need you . You say I deserve someone better, When I say my life is better with you. You say I don't know any better. But when I kiss you, you say I love you, When I have to go, you say I need you. When I am with you, you know, that there is no better feeling then our love coming together and that is something we both deserve."

It's late right now. I'm stuck up thinking. It's been a week since a good long restful sleep. When will this all end? No, I don't want it to end, ever. It's the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me. I wake up and fall asleep with a smile on my face. I couldn't get rid of it even if I wanted to. Every word spoken makes my heart beat fast. It's an adrenaline rush that exceeds all others. I've got my mind running in circles, and always when I'm supposed to be sleeping. It's always the same thing, go away! No, stay. When you're gone it all seems to be so wrong. I would rather have my mind running without stop, without sleep, without energy than to just give up and let you slip away. I'll hold on forever. I'll never let this stone turn to sand. I'll never let my love turn to hate. My wonder will never turn to knowledge. I won't forget what I've been told, or what I have heard. Words are spoken and hold a promise to yourself. What promise is this? Will I ever find out? There is not even a cause to find out. I'll let my life run however it wants to. For from what it looks like, it's going to be pretty good from now on. All of this pain, confusion, anger, fright, and anguish has been lifted off me. I'm as free as a bird. I can fly into the air and sing my song, free and loud! You will never bring me down! The wind is blowing through my hair, and everyone else and all worries are millions apon millions of miles below me. With only the ocean blue sky above me, my mind is finally cleared of everything I've ever thought. The chains of lies that have held me down for ages have been broken and scattered on the ground. My cell has been opened at last! I'm as wonderful as I was created to be, and I don't care what you think! Your thoughts are your own to keep, so keep them to yourself. I don't care anymore. You can say I'm horrible, ugly, cuss me out even. I'll just look at you with a smile. Oh, bless your soul! That only helps me know how much more true everything is. Don't look down, ever. Look up with a smile on your face and see everything that has happened. Thank God for everything that has happened to you! Everything to that small little detail in your life has made you who you are today, and that is wonderful! Don't regret it. If you regret everything in your life it will only bring you down. I know this so much. The grass is always greener on the other side, right? Maybe not. I've found heaven here on earth, or until I get into heaven. There's so much in this life that is only a glimpse of what awaits us. Look around, my friend. The sky, the water, the air, the rain, the joy, you. It all fits perfectly together, as how rain falls and feeds the plants, as we fit together, as birds can build nests, as the earth is a perfect distance from the sun. It's little things we overlook that mean the most. I overlooked it. Oh, how I overlooked it all. My eyes have been opened at last! I notice all the little things now. It's amazing. No, amazing is an understatement. Find me a word which means amazing, love, wonder, brilliant, time 10! That might then come a little bit closer to describing it. I don't want you to go away! I almost overlooked you with everything else. It's so amazing, the way everything is. Trying to explain this is pointless. So I will only say three words, you and me. That's how it ought to be. Life is mine to live, I'm living it, with no regrets!