A sky of broken Wishes | Teen Ink

A sky of broken Wishes

By TWLOHA SILVER, Seattle, Washington
TWLOHA SILVER, Seattle, Washington

I am Strong because I am Weak
I am Beautiful because I know my Flaws
I am a Lover Because I'm a Fighter
I am Fearless because I have bee Afraid
I am Wise because I have been Foolish
...and I can Laugh because I've known Sadness

Star light, star bright, First star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, Have the wish I wish tonight.
Daddy when I was a little girl I used to wish on stars, not just the ones that shoot through the sky but the one that hold still light up the night, I used to wish on them. Hell I still do but no longer do I waste them on you. Dad there’s not enough stars in the sky to fill the gap between our hearts. I’m not going to sit here and blame this whole thing on you cause I know I stopped calling, but I want you to know the phone goes no only one way but two. All times I could have called you could have done the same. I wonder do you miss me like I miss you? I remember when I was younger you used to promise you’d come so I would sit all day in the window waiting for you. Bag packed hair done you never ever showed and every time you tell me you’ll come I become that same little girl again. Bag packed hair done you don’t show. What happened to us? I used to be so proud to have to you as a dad now it feels as if you don’t exist. You were supposed to protect me from the monster in my closet until I realized the thing I should really be scared of is life. I’m telling you now eventually I’ll stop caring and start forgetting, soon I won’t look back and you’ll miss me. I can’t keep letting you disappoint me so no longer will I expect and I was taught to throw away things that were useless but I never knew it would be you. Daddy tonight I’ll use my wish on you but it’s up to you if it will actually come true.