Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

By justsmileanddance PLATINUM, Montgomery, Alabama
justsmileanddance PLATINUM, Montgomery, Alabama

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
-Albus Dumbledore

Why do you sit alone? Silently murmuring about the math homework you're working on. Is that your confidante, where you go, when no one will talk with you? Is it because of your braces? or your glasses? or your sense of style? or your 4.0 GPA? or your weird habit of running your fingers through your hair when you think hard? Maybe if you tried to socialize, tried to make new friends, it would be different. Make the first move, take the first step, you won't regret it.

I wrote this about this really nerdy kid in my geometry class. He's pretty nice once you get to know him

SpringRayyn PLATINUM, Lakeville, Minnesota

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing."
--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

I can see your point in this poem, but not all people and stand out like that. I personally like it better when people talk to me because I'm shy, and on rare occasions do I speak out to strangers. I do have friends, but I am, you could say, different than those who love to talk.